Friday, October 12, 2007

first week in the village

I've been living in a village with a host family for the past week. There are 4 other PC trainees in my village, and we have Turkmen language class for about 4-5 hours each day, which means too much vocab for my brain to process. However the people in my group are pretty cool and our language teacher is awesome; she's 18 and is fluent in 4 languages. I hope hanging out with a bunch of Americans isn't a bad influence on her.

My host mom is a sweetie and about the same age as my real mom. I live with her, her younger son and his wife (who are each a few years older than me), and their two kids; and 4 year old girl and 2 year old boy. The 4 year is really good about showing me how to do things and correcting my pronounciation. The 2 year old is a cutie and super funny; I know the word for "mischievous child" in Turkmen and it comes in handy.

2 comments:

Sarah Louise Smith said...

how do you say "roll tide" in turkmen?

Sarah Louise Smith said...

ok...seriously though...tell us about the town!